• Mix dry contents thoroughly in a 2 pint bowl
• Add one square inch fresh ginger, diced
• Add 1-3 fresh green chilies, finely chopped
• Add sea salt as desired
• Add 500ml filtered water, mix thoroughly & quickly, beat well, freeze what you don’t need. Refrigerate for ½ hr-4 hrs, as suits. If mix is too thick, add more water asap. It thickens a bit after half an hour or so.
• Slice your choice of veg to a thickness that would steam in 5 minutes. Immerse well into the batter
• Pour 2 inches of sunflower oil into a deep pan. Heat to 180 degrees. A small pan wastes less, but a large pan holds the heat better so the pakoras will cook faster and healthier
• Using tongs, slide each slice of veg gently into hot oil. Turn occasionally until golden on both sides
• Remove and allow to drain on kitchen roll
• Best eaten with friends, but hide some for yourself, they won’t last long!
Onion Bhajias: slice onions, add some batter, mix up, follow as above but start cooking at 170 degrees.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon, chutney or raita. Great with salad, soup, stew, alone & in picnics/lunch boxes.
For advice, email via our website